Friday, August 22, 2008

All Things Considered, (look ma I'm a journalist)

Well, not all things are considered, the title just makes me sound like an intellect. If I did consider everything I would be God and God uses judgement. That is something I don't have, otherwise I wouldn't gallivant around the world all the time( whilst having problems like pneumonia). What I did consider, was the fact that I will be leaving for a good while and a blog would be a dandy way for people to know what I am up to. Sorry family if this blog upsets you more than informs you (as I tend to be a wee bit easygoing).

The main purpose of this blog will be to explore the people, places, and cultures I will be gazing my western eyes upon. Hopefully I will be a good girl and stick to what I learned from being an Anthropologist and not make everyone into exotic others. My hope is that this blog becomes a source of learning and understanding through my experiences.

The logistics(kinda):
I leave to Nagoya the 21 of November 2008 and about 2 weeks later will be in my new home town of Shimizu. I will be there for a year, so do come and visit. I hope to at least make it to China and Korea while I am in the vicinity. I may or may not have Internet for quite a while. If you feel an urgent need to contact me (and I know you will) keep in mind Japan has a 16 hour time difference from the west coast.

As a final note, I will not be around Seattle for most of September as I will be in Idaho and Arizona.(to see my eldest brother's family and to check out grad school). If you want to see me before I go October is wide open.....for now.

Amie

2 comments:

Charlene said...

You almost sound like a journalist here!
Well here you go again, off flying into a new direction and see where the salad spinner spits you out. I am certain that it will be in a good place.
You will be missed...

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention our encounter with Elijah.