Friday, August 29, 2008

UW Presents the CHID Programs Auroville Study Abroad




Honestly, I am dreadful at making videos. I don't know why I even try. But, I do, all the while terrorizing all the people within ear shot. Maybe it is not me, but the moving making software the is the real bugger. I regrettably am using Microsoft Movie Maker. The worst editing software around. In addition my footage is on a mid range digital camera, not a decent camcorder with mini DV. Not that I am better when using the right tools of the trade. It's not even the tedium of putting the barley 2 minute video together; what truly makes this process an abomination to the psyche is the touchy nature of the beast. You can't do two things at once. Can't click off the screen. Can't minimize the program, can't export a damn thing right, can't delete unwanted clips, and even better, can't download the damn thing. Well, I am in the process of trying that now. If it works, you'll get to see the video! If not, I hope my frustration amuses you.


A bit about this wanna be promotional video (I don't know what else to call it). In January of 2007, I went to India's lovey Tamil Nadu area and stayed in the Auroville eco village. The program is made possible by the lovely CHID program and has differing themes for different years. In 2007 it was religion, politics, and the environment. If my video downloads you may notice that the clip doesn't contain many of the program specifics I mentioned above. Now, you know what the trip is really like. By the time class hits after lunch and work, the only realistic thing to do was space out and try not to fall asleep. The only thing I can say about the video is that the pictures and video clips prove we were there and took something away from the experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this video. I think that you need more airtime. And make the monkeys a main player throughout the clip! I need more monkeys! Put them in hats.