Sunday, March 29, 2009

On My Way

Chiisai update:
I am hanging out in a hotel near the airport today. I got sick a couple of days ago, so instead of doing anything interesting I am resting. For those of you who don't know, sometimes I get really sick and pass out. It's been happening more frequently than I like and it is extremely scary for me. I am thinking I got some intestinal or nerve damage when I got food poisoning in Turkey,(well it's my best guess and it's fun!) cuz that's when I started passing out. Thank God I have Keiko for a Japanese mom, otherwise, I don't know what I would have done.

A little about Narita: There's an airport! And some hotels! Wow! The airports in Japan are nice, but getting to any airport is a bit of a journey. I had to take the local from Shimizu to Shizuoka, the Shinkansen from Shizuoka to Tokyo, and the Narita express from Tokyo station to the airport. The total cost is around 8,700 Yen. Ouch, and it took a little over 2 1/2 hours. Yuckie...Just think a country the size of California with 3 international airports.

Other things:
I can't wait to see my dog! Shugii is the best. I love my bedroom. I am sure my bed misses me as much as I miss it. Although, I am bringing home my futon(for guests, but Shugii will probably end up marking it as her own.....no, not pee, fur). I haven't watched a T.V in over 4 months. I am sure that habit will fall back in place. I have a job interview....sorry bad economy, I've got things to do. I bought way too many strawberry flavored goodies as omiyage. I really hope I impacted peoples lives. I will miss my students so much. They were so encouraging and bright. I learned more from them than they did from me. without them, I wouldn't have learnt anything about Japan. It's greedy, but I hope they miss me too!

Sorry if this post is odd. I am very rummy from being sick and traveling.
See ya in Seattle,
Amie

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Hey, Amie! I hope you had a safe trip back to the States. Keiko gave me the food and DVD player - THANKS! I was soooo excited to see oatmeal and pudding. :-)
Take care and keep updating so I can read how things are back home for you.